David Patterson – Current and future elearning trends
Posted on Jul 15, 2016
David Patterson is a consultant at Learning Light and the co-author of their report on the UK elearning market.
We asked David about the trends he's seeing in the elearning industry and what members of the industry should be concentrating on to ensure growth continues.
We cover Brexit, learning technology as well as future and current elearning trends.
Find out more about David Patterson at the Learning Light website.
The questions and their times are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:39 - What is the current direction of travel for the elearning industry?
- 01:07 - Are people asking about Brexit's impact on the elearning industry?
- 03:19 - Is there a trend in elearning that's taken you by surprise?
- 04:23 - Which learning technologies or strategies are creating the biggest impact and making the most difference?
- 06:04 - Are learners in modern organisations open to learning technologies?
- 07:00 - What do companies that are seeing success with learning technologies do that gives them an edge?
- 08:07 - We've seen a rapid pace of change in elearning over the last few years will that continue?
Ways to listen to the Sponge UK elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode011-DavidPatterson.mp3 (24:37, 8.5MB)
Subscribe to the Sponge UK elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in two weeks for the next episode of the Sponge UK elearning podcast.
Join 1000's of learning professionals who receive the latest inspired learning news from Sponge UK
You may also be interested in
Christina Gutsell looks at the role of digital learning in strengthening customer centricity in financial services by building customer rapport and empathy.
We’re flying the flag for storytelling in elearning with five reasons why it’s the ‘happy ever after’ for great content.
Research suggests one of the biggest barriers to people learning online remains dull content. We run through five ways to bring your elearning to life.
Join the Sponge team
Great people are fundamental to Sponge. We employ many industry-recognised leaders and are busy growing the next generation of leaders. We don’t just look for talented people who can do a particular job – we look for people who share our passion and values.Read more