Robert Pratten - Transmedia storytelling
Posted on Aug 23, 2016
Robert Pratten is founder and CEO of Conducttr, a transmedia storytelling platform that's used in digital training simulations.
You can see the slides from Robert's talk at the eLearning Guild's games and gamification conference on Slideshare.
Find out more about Robert's book Getting Started in Transmedia Storytelling, a practical guide for beginners, currently in it's second edition.
Follow Robert on Twitter: @robpratten
Robert mentions the book Walking the Talk by Carolyn Taylor.
The questions and their times are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:41 - Can you explain what's meant by "transmedia storytelling"?
- 02:11 - What makes this type of scenario based learning effective?
- 04:43 - Do you have any examples of organisations that are successfully using simulations, or the benefits they're seeing?
- 09:15 - Are there any technical considerations when using this type of simulation?
- 12:02 - Are simulations particularly time consuming to produce compared to other types of training?
Ways to listen to the Sponge UK elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode014-RobertPratten.mp3 (15:37, 5.4MB)
Subscribe to the Sponge UK elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in two weeks for the next episode of the Sponge UK elearning podcast.
You may also be interested in
Look back at this year’s Learning Technologies Summer Forum through the lens of a learning designer. What ideas, theories and conversations stand out at the 2017 event?
Experiential learning is a powerful tool for boosting workplace knowledge and performance. But how does it fit in the digital sphere? Julie Wedgwood, Head of Learning Design at Sponge UK, answers three central questions on the topic.
Donald Clark has over 30 years of experience in learning technologies, we spoke to him about the latest emerging tech and how it will impact the workplace learning industry. We cover a range...