Sam Taylor – How to create a strong learning culture
Posted on Aug 09, 2016
Comms & campaigns
Sam Taylor has many years of experience working in learning and her current role is as a digital development manager for a leading company.
We talk to Sam about how to create a strong learning culture in your organisation.
Follow Sam on Twitter: @samt_el
The questions and their times are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:39 - Describe an organisation that has a strong learning culture
- 01:44 - What are the organisational benefits of having the learning culture that you've described?
- 02:33 - What does it feel like for the learners themselves, what benefits do they get and how does it feel to be an individual within this learning culture?
- 04:22 - Where are we now in terms of achieving these ideal visions of a learning organisation?
- 05:57 - What are the kind of things we can do to create a learning culture in our organisation?
- 09:40 - What are your tips for developing employees that are self directed learners?
- 12:44 - How important is social learning to the learning culture and if an organisation isn't supporting social learning can it really have a learning culture?
- 14:03 - What are the biggest barriers that you and your peers face when seeking to adopt a learning culture?
Ways to listen to the Sponge UK elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode013-SamTaylor.mp3 (17:07, 5.9MB)
Subscribe to the Sponge UK elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in two weeks for the next episode of the Sponge UK elearning podcast.
You may also be interested in
Creating a communications plan is the first step to having a successful training roll out, but how can you tell if it’s not working?We’ve outlined the best way to create a communications plan...
For millennials in particular, companies having commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and sustainability is an expectation, and strong performance in these areas can support...
New employees need to be aware of the values at the heart of your business.When your new starters are moving from candidate to employee, it’s your chance to make sure they are aware of the...