Chris Wharton - Illustration for learning
Posted on Sep 09, 2016
Chris Wharton is an experienced illustrator who has worked on hundreds of elearning projects as part of Sponge UK's visual design team.
Read more about design in elearning on the Sponge UK Blog:
- Illustration vs photography for elearning
- 5 golden rules for good visual design in elearning
- 5 ways a bad user interface (UI) can derail your elearning
- Adapt responsive learning framework
The questions and their times are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:40 - What are the benefits of using an illustrative approach in your elearning content?
- 01:42 - How important is it to create bespoke illustrations?
- 02:36 - Are there any situations where illustrations aren't appropriate for elearning?
- 03:42 - Why do you think infographics are so popular in elearning?
- 04:30 - What's the difference between static illustration and illustration for animation?
- 05:38 - What kind of resources or tools are you using to help succeed as a visual design team?
- 06:19 - What do you need to take into account when illustrating for responsive or mobile courses?
- 07:16 - What kind of skills or specialities make an illustrator particularly suited to elearning?
- 08:02 - How do you think augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) will change the way illustrators work?
Ways to listen to the Sponge UK elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode015-ChrisWharton.mp3 (9:51, 5.6MB)
Subscribe to the Sponge UK elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in two weeks for the next episode of the Sponge UK elearning podcast.
You may also be interested in
A discussion about onboarding with Jasmine Kelland, leader of the BSC and Masters programmes in Human Resource Management (HRM) at Plymouth University.
Motion Graphics Designer Paddy Selman joins us to discuss the strengths of motion graphics and why they're so useful for engaging learning.
In order to engage with millennials you need to understand how they're different. Larry Richard brings research backed insights into millennials in the workplace to help