Mobile forces you to rethink how you're trying to help your learners
Posted on Oct 06, 2016
Geoff Stead is Director of Digital at Cambridge University and brings years of experience in bringing learning to mobile devices.
We talk through some of the reasons why mobile is so important to learning and development, the technology behind it and some of the potential future areas that are going to allow more effective learning.
Find out more about some of the projects Geoff mentions in the podcast at worklearnmobile.org.
Follow Geoff on Twitter: @geoffstead
This interview was originally recorded as part of the Big Sponge Hangout in July 2016.
The questions and their times are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:26 - Why do you like working in the mobile space and why do you think it's become so popular?
- 01:45 - What are the main things people need to consider when developing elearning for mobile devices?
- 03:28 - Are there any areas where mobile learning is particularly appropriate?
- 05:39 - Do you have any tips for working out the best approach for them?
- 09:08 - Are there any implications for tracking learner data across mobile courses?
- 14:04 - Do you have any practical tips on introducing deep analytics of mobile training?
- 16:35 - Can you share some examples of successful mobile approaches that achieved surprising results?
- 22:21 - Do you think wearable tech has the potential to enhance learning in the near future?
- 24:52 - What would you say to someone who isn't already convinced to use mobile in their learning strategy?
- 27:25 - What excites you the most about the future of mobile technology in learning
Ways to listen to the Sponge UK elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode017-GeoffStead.mp3 (30:30, 17.4MB)
Subscribe to the Sponge UK elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in two weeks for the next episode of the Sponge UK elearning podcast.
Join 1000's of learning professionals who receive the latest inspired learning news from Sponge UK
You may also be interested in
Find out how ebooks can be useful to a modern learner and how Bookboon have tailored their content to make them most useful for large organisations.
Maximise your time at Europe’s top learning event with our guide on what to see and do at Learning Technologies 2018.
With just months to the GDPR deadline, we look at how to speed up your training and awareness plan so your people are ready for the biggest shake up in data protection laws for a generation.