Donald Clark - To ignore AR and VR in learning would be madness
Posted on Nov 29, 2016
360°, VR & AR
Donald Clark has over 30 years of experience in learning technologies, we spoke to him about the latest emerging tech and how it will impact the workplace learning industry.
We cover a range of topics including artificial intelligence, augmented reality, virtual reality and more and get insights into how learning professionals can prepare for the future of training.
For the latest news and updates from Donald Clark follow him on Twitter: @DonaldClark.
The questions and their times are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:30 - What do you think are the opportunities and risks of AI in learning?
- 03:02 - Has something significant changed this year with the arrival of Pokémon Go?
- 05:11 - How do you think the growth of mobile augmented reality could translate into workplace learning?
- 07:55 - How do you see virtual reality in learning developing in the next few years?
- 12:24 - Do you think sensory technology known as haptics will play a role in learning in the future?
- 14:09 - How do you think workplace learning will change as we move away from touch command to voice command computing?
- 17:10 - Do you have any practical tips for people looking to get started in emerging technology?
Ways to listen to the Sponge UK elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode020-DonaldClark.mp3 (22:35, 12.9MB)
Subscribe to the Sponge UK elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in two weeks for the next episode of the Sponge UK elearning podcast.