Get ready to #ShareYourSponge to help children learn
Posted on Jan 30, 2017
Sponge UK, a leading digital learning provider is inviting people to unlock a donation to charity by simply sharing a ‘sponge photo’ on social media.
The company will donate £1 for each photo of someone holding one of its complimentary sponges (or any creative sponge photo) uploaded with the hashtag #ShareYourSponge to Twitter or Instagram during 2017.*
The international charity, e-learning for kids will receive the money to support its goal of being a source of childhood learning on the internet available from anywhere and without charge.
Sponge UK will be launching the #ShareYourSponge campaign at Learning Technologies 2017, Europe’s largest L&D event, where the company will be handing out sustainably sourced, natural sponges.
Established in 2004, e-learning for kids is a global, non-profit foundation dedicated to fun and free learning on the internet for children aged from 5 to 12.
The charity offers digital courseware, both online and offline, in topics such as math, science, language, arts, computers, health, life and environmental skills.
In 2016, e-learning for kids reported record usage of its online courses with more than 4.4 million digital lessons delivered worldwide. Additionally, more than 3,750 schools and over 2 million children benefited from offline access to the e-lessons.
Sponge UK is one of Europe’s leading providers of digital learning solutions and interactive learning experiences. The company is based in Plymouth and London, England.
“Get your hands on a sponge and post a photo to either Twitter or Instagram,” urged Louise Pasterfield. “But make sure you include the hashtag #ShareYourSponge so we can count the images and turn them into pounds!”
Unlock a donation of £1 for every sponge photo shared on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ShareYourSponge.
Pick up a free sponge at stand C10 at Learning Technologies 2017
*Terms and Conditions:
- Sponge UK will donate one pound in British sterling per each unique photo posted to Twitter or Instagram of a person or persons posing with one of its complimentary sponges and using the hashtag #ShareYourSponge. The company is committed to a minimum donation of £500 up to a maximum donation of £1,000, as part of the #ShareYourSponge campaign.
- Sponge UK will also use its discretion in accepting other creative sponge photos posted to the hashtag #ShareYourSponge.
- Retweets or shares of existing sponge photos will not qualify for a donation. Only the original photo, when first posted, will attract a £1 donation. Repeat posting of duplicate photos will not be accepted.
- By posting a sponge photo to #ShareYourSponge you are giving permission for Sponge UK to include the image on its social media channels, its website or any publicity or promotion of the fundraising campaign.
- The campaign officially starts at Learning Technologies 2017 on February 1 and will conclude on December 31.
- Sponge UK retains the right to use its discretion in enforcing the rules above. The company reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend the #ShareYourSponge fundraising campaign at any time, without notice.
You may also be interested in
Our 'Games Evangelist' Jason Butler is in the running for a major award recognising the role of learning developers.
We’re delighted to be shortlisted for two major awards with our friends at AXA. Find out about this exciting project.