Onboarding with Jasmine Kelland
Posted on Aug 04, 2017
Jasmine Kelland was an HR manager for large companies before becoming a lecturer in Human Resources Management. She now leads the BSC and Masters programmes in Human Resource Management (HRM) at Plymouth University.
The discussion centres around onboarding, how its changing and the role of technology in the future of onboarding.
The questions are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:47 - How important is onboarding for business success?
- 01:18 - What do businesses miss out on if they're not getting onboarding right?
- 01:45 - With rapid changes in the world of work, what are the implication for onboarding?
- 02:47 - What's meant by personalisation in onboarding?
- 03:38 - What role do you think digital has in this new look onboarding?
- 04:40 - How much training should be a part of onboarding?
- 05:44 - Are there things that are missed out of onboarding, and what do you lose by missing them?
- 06:29 - What interesting trends are you noticing in onboarding?
- 07:38 - Do you think technology offers an exciting opportunity for onboarding?
- 08:58 - Will the next generation of HR professionals be looking to innovate in onboarding?
- 09:54 - When you were an HR manager, what were the issues getting in the way of onboarding?
- 11:19 - Where's the best place to start if you're trying to modernise your onboarding programme?
Download our free business briefing Roadmap to better onboarding for more insights from Jasmine and other experts.
Ways to listen to the Sponge UK elearning podcast
The full interview is available to listen to using the player above, you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.
Download the mp3 file using this direct link: SpongeUKPodcastEpisode026-JasmineKelland.mp3 (13:08, 7.6MB)
Subscribe to the Sponge UK elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically.
Join us in a few weeks for the next episode of the Sponge UK elearning podcast.
You may also be interested in
Find out how ebooks can be useful to a modern learner and how Bookboon have tailored their content to make them most useful for large organisations.
What makes a successful learning campaign? We look at the four guiding principles behind a triple award-winning example.